Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Stairway to Heaven or the Highway to Hell?

Yesterday my computer wouldn't turn back on.  It turned off ok but just would not come back on.  Then I received a phone call from Sprint telling me there has been a spike in my internet data usuage and to call them to discuss.  I had cancelled my internet at Christmastime to save money but ended up getting it again a couple of months ago.  Nothing was said about a change in plans just that this would be better. 

I woke up this morning and tried turning on my computer with no luck.  So after wallowing a little in the injustice of the whole thing and a little shot Depression, I got a shower and went to Best Buy.  It was a very simple fix.  It seems there is a glitch with HP computers and it's a simple matter of taking the battery out and holding down the on button, plugging in the laptop then the computer comes on.  Wow.  I couldn't believe how amingly easy that was. 

I went to Sprint next and was told they no longer have the unlimited data plan and that I can't watch movies on my computer because it uses up my data.  Sucky suck suck.  Grrrrrrrr  Sooooo...now I have to look for a new internet provider and probably a new cell phone provider as well because I am not going to be able to pay my Sprint bill in time because it's a few hundred dollars! Grrrrrrr I'll have to go with a pay as you go plan probably for a bit until I can pay it off.  No worries though...I will pay it off.

This weekend my Depression could have been a lot worse.  I am very proud of myself for getting up and showering and getting my stuff taken care of.   Normally I would've wallowed in my depression for the day and put off going to BB or Sprint until tomorrow.  For me to actually get out and get it done is major. 

My head has been hurting kind of on a low-grade scale this weekend.  Sinus, I'm sure.  I would also use it as an excuse to lie around and do nothing, but I took care of my laundry and my room yesterday.  Not too bad if I say so myself.

I haven't had nighsweats for a bit.  After doing some reading I found out nightsweats are due to excess estrogen and I have found they usually occur for me in the first half of my cycle.  I was taking Black Cohosh capsules for it and eating soy foods and using soy milk - one of the reasons I started becoming vegan - but found out that Black Cohosh can make you have periods when you normally would have skipped that month.  It won't prolong peri-menopause, it just makes you have a period you might've skipped.  So I stopped taking it and using soy foods.  I hate my period and I am excited to have started peri-menopause and if I could speed it up, I most definitely would. 

I use the progestrone cream the last half of my cycle and it seems to help a bit with my mood and agitation.  It seemed it was going a little rough last week so I'm wondering if I'm going to be late this month.  I'll be glad to be late but not knowing when I'm going to start is a bummer.

I had meat yesterday -- a Wendy's single.  A friend of mine and I were meeting some of my friends from work to see a local band.  I was starving and just did not feel like trying to figure out what I could eat.  I feel guilty of course.  I keep seeing a cow's big soft eyes looking at me.  I ate a Boston Cream doughnut too.  Because it was a Boston Cream doughnut.  I'm back on track today, though.  I made a delicious dish -- black beans, sweet corn, & salsa and dipped tortilla chips in it.  It really was quite tasty.  A friend of mine made a delicious tortilla soup and I am going to see how I can veganize it.  I also want to experiment and come up with a good egg salad substitute.  I've read some recipes but they're not what I want.  I'm going to try out a new thing each week and post my experience. 

I am not so much in the mood to blog today.  I want to keep this up though.  I love to write and it feels so good getting back into it.  I want to finish the stories I started. 

My daughter and her friend will be here in just a few short weeks and I can't wait! I may also go up there for a weekend this summer so her and brother and I can do some touristy things. 

Oh, sweet chardonnay is NOT the same as moscato.  If you see it, just keep shopping.

It's hot today.  I know it's the peri-menopause but it's still hot.  I may sleep with my air conditioner on in the bedroom tonight.  I tend to stay warm more now and have weird, vivid dreams.  When I was pregnant I did the same thing.  All the freaky hormones.

Why is the way to doing what's right or what needs to be done so difficult and the easy way is usually the wrong way?  The way to heaven is by stairway and the way to hell is speeding down a highway.  Why can't it be an Escalator to Heaven and the Pot-Holed Dirt Road to Hell?

No comments:

Post a Comment