Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fight the Good Fight

It's been a little warm the past few days but it's supposed to be cooler for a couple of days then warm up again.  I don't care for the hot weather but I do like grilling when it's warm, though.  This year I am going to vegan kebabs and grill marinated big portabello mushroom caps.  I love steak and steak kebabs and bbq chicken on the grill - I will not lie - but I am going to challenge myself to create tasty substitutions.  I actually look forward to it - like Frankenstein creating his monster. 

I was majorly PMS'ing yesterday and it's still hanging around a little today.  Last week I went through the same thing.  I put the progestrone cream on again this morning and will again tonight.  I really think it helps.  It seems to make my face less angry and eases my mad face.  When I get agitated my face scrunches up and I call it my face being mad.  I am still hungry - not as bad as yesterday but still hungry.  Not really depressed today, just hungry.  I don't know what could be the cure for that is except eat, eat, and eat.  Ugh!

My skin is also itchy.  That's another peri-menopause symptom.  Yay.  I moisturize my hands and arms all day, but it still itches at times.  It's not like a rash or dry skin as much as a warmish sensation or feeling like I'm coming out of skin.  Do not know what to do about this yet.

Walking.  That will help a lot of things.  My weight.  My Depression.  My general peri-menopausal madness.  In 2009 a friend of mine and I walked every day and I lost 40lbs in 4 months and was just a little shy of my goal weight.  Nothing stopped me and I was so motivated.  Then I stopped when winter hit and over the course of two years have gained it all back.  So, I need to get my butt in gear, dig deep, and commit again.  My health and sanity depend in it.

My daughter and her friend and my grandpuppy will be here at the beginning of May - yay! I am sooo excited! 

My son's girlfriend goes to the doctor this week and I hope to have another picture of my grandbaby! I hope she sends me some of herself as well.  I can't wait to have some things settled soon so I can start buying things for the baby.  I stopped by the thrift store by work today to get some Corning cookware cheap and I saw a baby sleeping basket.  It made the baby seem a little more real.  I didn't get it bacause the cover wasn't detachable to wash and I'm not sure when she'll be here.  She may be here before the baby but may not -- then it's not sure where they'll be living.  I want them here!  I just can't wait!

I am still trying out different grandma names.  I know that the kids are the ones who usually choose the name, but I want to cool name to sign cards and presents with until that time.  Any name ending with an "i" can have a heart or flower or a smiley face or whatever I want to "dot" it with would be nifty.  I was going to be Maw Maw like my Maw Maw but decided not to. Maybe Grami - was thinking GiGi but not so much now.  Yes, I have thought about this ALOT.  My kids know they are just vessels for my grandbabies - they were born so I can have grandchildren.




No comments:

Post a Comment