Monday, April 16, 2012

The Song Remains the Same

I thought I was major PMS'ing today and I do think that is part of it - but I was starving all day.  I think it was more of what I ate - or didn't eat - that was the problem.  I went off the chuck wagon - or on the chuck wagon - whatever it's called when a vegan falls off the proverbial wagon and eats meat or other foods I'm not supposed to.  I ate a vending machine honey bun for breakfast then a really good bean dip for snacking and lunch.  Later I had some sunflower seeds and a banana.  No wonder I was hungry! I craved - I mean really-really-don't-get-in-my-way-gotta-have-it craving for Kentucky Fried Chicken Original Recipe.  So I ate that for dinner.  I feel a little better.  A little guilty when I think of the beakless and top heavy cramped chickens, but it was sooo tasty that I have to think really hard about why I went vegan.  It started as a way to manage my peri-menopause and weight but ended up being more about the animals and how they are treated.  I do not care if people think I'm a hippie weirdo.  I honestly don't.  So, I remind myself and resolve again to stick to my vegan guns and eat clean tomorrow - starting now.  Luckily I have some chocolate soy ice cream that's pretty good that I'll eat for dessert.

Monday's gone - gone with the clock.  Well, the Monday workday is.  I hate Mondays.  I hate mornings.  I love weekends and I love staying up late.  I am in a constant struggle.

I like the 1960's show "Dragnet" and am enjoying it now on Antenna TV - what I call the poor person's TV Land since it's only available on the converter box that those of us without high def tv's must have to watch television.  But, right now I am only watching it because I cannot find the remote.  

All day at work I kept envisioning myself curled up at home.  I am trying to figure out how I can plan something that will help me do things instead of just going home and collapsing.  I feel like I need to get home and regroup, but I just go home and veg.

I give myself credit for another day passing without hurting anybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment